Online Leadership Continuing Education
Staff of the Archdiocese who are in leadership and management positions (perticularly school principals and parish directors of religious education) are required to complete a periodic continuing education course.
This course is provided online, and should take a total of about 30 minutes. To take the class online, you must first register by following the instructions below.
- You can use Internet Explorer or Firefox (for Mac or PC). The system does not support other web browsers (Safari, Chrome or Opera)
- Open your web browser and go to our Online Learning Webpage.
- If you have already set up an account, use your User Name and Password to log in.
- If you are a new user, click “Create new account”. Please complete all fields in the registration form that are marked with an asterisk. Then click “Create my new account”. Please note the instructions for creating a password -- the software is very particular about what kind of password is acceptable.
Important Notes on Registering
- When filling in your name, please use your actual legal name (the name on your driver's license), not nicknames or short names, such as “Jon” for “Jonathan.” This helps us keep our records accurate.
- If you are a Principal, please identify your school, please select the kind of school it is (e.g., "Elementary School") in the "Program" field.
- If you are a Director of Religious Education, please identify your parish, and select "Religious Education" in the "Program" field.
- Within a few minutes, you will receive an email asking you to confirm your registration. Follow the instructions in that email to complete the registration process.
- If your email link brings you to the opening page again, click "Enter".
- When you come to the “My Courses” page, click on “Code of Conduct and Professional Boundaries-Administrative Module”.
- Click “Yes” to make the course available to you.
- Click the “Code of Conduct and Professional Boundaries-Administrative Module” link to take the course. You do not need to click “Enter”.
- Note: to view the training video, you may have to tell your web browser permission to allow a "pop-up" from www.archnysafe.org.
- To complete the course, you will have to answer correctly a series of questions about the content of the training video. You can also print out the pages of the module, and download the documents (in .pdf format).