Contact Your Representatives
The most effective tool we have to influence our legislators is the Catholic Advocacy Network. The Network was established by the Bishops of New York State to provide Catholics with a modern, effective way to contact their representatives about issues of concern to the Church. It uses the convenience of email to alert you of important issues that are before our State Legislature, and lets you lobby your legislators from your own home, with just a few clicks of the computer mouse. To join the Network, click here.
We encourage all our parishes to conduct a sign-up campaign to get their parishioners to join the Network.
To help in this project, we have prepared the following materials:
- Instructions on how to conduct a "sign-up weekend".
- A two-page flyer about the Network, with a tear-off sign-up sheet.
- The same flyer in Spanish.
- A bulletin insert about the Network, to be used in advance of the sign-up weekend.
- Bulletin/Pulpit announcements in English and Spanish