Business Analyst / Report Manager
June 21, 2013
Data Systems Center
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science
- At a minimum, 5 years experience in programming, databases, financial reporting and systems analysis.
- Ability to evaluate programs and processes for continued improvement and create or modify existing systems to achieve overall business strategies.
- Must have demonstrated experience with SQL database including analysis, design, and implementation.
- Experience in SQL, Crystal and other types of reporting software, development/reporting writing tools for use across enterprise projects.
- Able to generate SQL statements that will provide data to custom interfaces, reports and mapping software used by end-users.
- Able to generate reports in a database or other report writer programs and export them into Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, Adobe Acrobat, and Sharepoint.
- Ability to develop queries in Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge
- Able to train end-users in reporting database(s) and ad-hoc report creation.
- Skilled in advanced oral and written communication, including analysis, specification and database/system preparation and report presentation.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills, ability to work under pressure, balance competing requests, prioritize appropriately and maintain strong customer service and team focus.
- Able to communicate and organize reporting projects among a broad spectrum of personnel.
- Self-motivated and self-directed with ability to work both independently and as part of a team to reach the goal of providing practical and accurate information to management in a timely manner.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Microsoft Sharepoint
- Microsoft Office
- Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge
- Requirements gathering techniques
- Report writing structures
- Database environments
- Microsoft SQL Server, SQL Server Integration Services, SQL Reporting Services
- Microsoft Server 2008, Windows XP/7/8
- Visual Studio
- Documentation and maintenance of software systems
- Time management, multi-tasking, and prioritization
- Microsoft Office
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Prepare and present written and oral reports, presentations, and recommendations
- Establish effective working relationships
- Work independently in a fast-paced environment