ICSF-Coordinator of Direct Mail & Communications
February 20, 2013
Coordinator Direct Mail and Communications
Primary Responsibility: The Coordinator Direct Mail and Communications is responsible for administering ICSF’s direct mail program to renew donations and acquire new donors. The individual in this position will also be the primary liaison with the Junior Committee and the Corporate Volunteer Program to grow ICSF’s pipeline.
Direct Supervisor: Associate Director Marketing and Communications
- Meet established direct mail fundraising goals.
- Work with the Associate Director Marketing and Communications to administer a well-designed direct mail fundraising program (in house and mail house) that targets achievable short-term objectives and includes initiatives to reach broader, long-range goals. This includes:
- Meeting yearly revenue goals while working within allotted budget;
- Producing monthly statistical and analytical reports updating the progress of the program;
- Ensuring the production of all mailings by direct mail vendor is carried out in a timely manner;
- Verifying accuracy of all data entry by Donor Database Center;
- Send acknowledgement letters for all donations over $25.
- Designing and implementing stewardship plan for current donors
- Creating and managing acquisition campaign to ensure long-term program stability.
· Coordinate ICSF’s Junior Committee with support from the Development Associate. This includes:
· Overseeing ICSF relationship with leadership group;
· Helping committee design and implement fundraising and program related activities;
· Assisting with the coordination of events;
· Serving as ICSF spokesperson at events and meetings.
· Coordinate the Corporate Volunteer program with support from the Development Associate and Directors. Secure projects, liaise with corporation, attend projects, follow-up with attendees.
· Special projects as needed.
- Meet monetary goal for direct mail
- Ensure that direct mail pieces look professional and are sent on time
- Ensure that the goals and objectives of each Junior Event are met
- Send acknowledgements within 72 hours with appropriate content and enclosures
- Send high-quality, well written donor-related correspondence to steward donors to become sponsors or donors to other ICSF campaigns
· This candidate needs to be extremely detail oriented, possess project management skills, pay attention to deadlines, be a long-term planner, and collaborative
· A bachelor’s degree is required as well as a minimum of two years of post-college work experience
· Direct marketing and writing experience and interest preferred
· Strong knowledge of Windows, MS Word, and Excel required
· Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge, web management, and computer graphics, as well as interest in our mission, a plus
· Intelligent, articulate, highly motivated self-starter with strong inter-personal skills
· Flexibility and ability to relate effectively with upper management, peers and donors
· Relationship manager with the ability to carry out multiple and diverse tasks concurrently
· Possess initiative to constantly seek ways to improve fundraising results
· Knowledge of Internet and standard research, knowledge of Raiser’s Edge and PowerPoint
· Represent ICSF in a professional and positive manner
· Be a team player, pitching in when needed
· Manage workflow and prioritize effectively
Please send resume to: email@example.com